Sunday, November 28, 2010

Web and Internet Terms

I know, I know; long time, no blog.  Have no fear, I am back and ready to discuss the rule of AP style as they refer to web and internet terms:

  • Capitalize and punctuate frequently used words including: Web, World Wide Web, Internet, URL, HTML, HTTP, and PowerPoint.
  • Put quotes around computer games, but not around software programs.
  • Web addresses should be italicized and not preceded by the http:// browser command: www.baylor.edu
  • Capitalize web addresses and e-mail addresses according to the way they are provided  by the source.  However, all lowercase is usually preferred.
  • Avoid pointed brackets (< >) in the text of documents that might be posted on the internet.  These marks are reserved for HTML browser commands only. 
What's next in the AP style series? You will have to stay tuned to find out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment