Monday, August 30, 2010

Attempt #2

Hello All,

So as some of you know, I attempted to start a blog earlier this summer.  This attempt, obviously, did not go so well.  I have decided to (well actually I am having to blog for a class) start blogging once again.  Hopefully this time will be more successful :)

I have just begun my senior year at Baylor and I am beyond excited.  I have quickly realized that this year is going to be more jam packed than any other year.  I am involved in a number of organizations and I always feel like I'm going from meeting to meeting.  And as weird as it sounds, I really enjoy it.  I cannot wait to see what the year has in store for me!

In my media programing class we talked about new media and social media.  The types of new media just amazes me.  I have been familar with Twitter for about a year and a half, but I saw this website really take off within the last six months.  Even though I have had a twitter for a while, I did not know what a hashtag was.  A hastag is a simple tool used for tracking topics.  For example, if I was blogging about the Texas Rangers and I wanted to track how much I loved baseball, I would say #ilovebaseball.  This is a new concept for me so I will be learning right alongside you. 

Aside from Twitter, a blook is a new form of social media that is becoming very popular.  A blook is a book blog with different web pages about a topic that combine together.  I am excited to get to work with ourblook.com this semester so that I can learn more about this form of media.  And lastly, GoogleDots is a form of media where one can create spreadsheets in which multiple people can access them.  This is also an application that I am not familiar with, so it looks like I have some learning to do :)

Well I hate to say, but I have to cut this VERY interesting blog entry short.  I promise that my next one will be a little more entertaining.  But until next time, HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment