Saturday, September 4, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Wow.  That is the only word to describe how crazy my semester has been so far.  Balancing school, Chi O, Baylor Activities Council, work, friends and my other extracurricular activities has proven to be a lot tougher than I originally thought.  I feel like I am always rushing from one place to another.  I have been asked on more than one occasion why I like to pack my schedule so full.  The answer was easy:  I love being involved and I love working with people that I would normally not interact with.  For example, I just recently became a part of Baylor Activities Council.  I originally joined because it would give me event planning experience and look good on my resume.  After working with them last semester and the first few weeks of this semester, I realized that B.A.C. is a very unique group of people.  No one is alike and it is so cool to see twelve completely different personalities come together and mesh as well as they do.  So needless to say, my schedule will continue to be jam packed, and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Moving on, this past Tuesday my media programming class had a virtual interview with Sandra Ordonez from ourblook.com.  We will be creating a PR campaign for ourblook this semester and it was very beneficial to find out more about the history of ourblook.  We held the interview via Skype.  It is CRAZY to see the direction that our technology is moving.  Sandra explained the history and purpose behind ourblook.com.  She also explained her personal goals for ourblook.com and what she wants us to achieve through our proposed PR campaign.  Ourblook.com is composed of two different parts.  The first is an area for students where they are able to ask questions and recieve feedback.  The second is a database of different articles and interviews written and recorded on a variety of different topics.  Sandra said that she would find it very successful if the student resource center received approximately 300 hits per week.  She wants us to combine old PR tactics, such as press releases, with new media tactics, such as twitter and facebook.  I am excited to get started on this project.  I am working with three other very proactive people and I cannot wait to see the final product come together!

I am currently sitting in the Floyd Casey Stadium Press box watching Baylor dominate Sam Houston State :) I love college football and I am hoping for a successful Baylor season.  If I knew how to put pictures on here I would post a picture of my view, but that will have to come in another post.  There are so many exciting things about Baylor football: my sister ran the Baylor Line for the first time today, our "Rise Up" campaign is getting everyone pumped up, and it reminds me that I have the most awesome job in the world.  I work for Baylor Athletic Communications and get to interact with players, coaches and media for all Baylor sports.  This is going to be a good year for Baylor athletics, I can feel it!

I will admit though, I am trying to multitask by powering through my homework while enjoying the game.

Until next time,

Peace. love. Sic 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment