I guess I should start with the most exciting event: DAVE MATTHEWS BAND.

That's right, I went to my first Dave Matthews Band concert. Not only did I go to my first DMB concert, I was in the PIT!!! Just check out the pictures below... they speak for themselves:
![]() |
Now let me describe the "Pit" to you. The "Pit" is where all of the really intense Dave fans stand. They
often refer to Dave Matthews as DMB (and expect everyone else to catch on, which took me a while) and are constantly trying to guess which song is going to come next in his "set" for the night. The "Pit" also consists of the people who are willing to drive far and near to see DMB and it is on average their 10th concert to attend. So by this time, of course, I am feeling very out of place, but it was not until my friend Colby announced that it was my first time that I felt semi awkward. One lady even told me I was "spoiled" for getting to be in the "Pit." So having said all of this, I took complete advantage of my amazing opportunity!
Next order of business: AUSTIN CITY LIMITS
I have to admit that I have a small bucket list for my senior year and one of the items on that list is to attend Austin City Limits. As of today, that is a definite possibility. I will not be attending all weekend, but my two best friends and I have tickets for Sunday. Performers on Sunday include Norah Jones, Switchfoot and The Eagles. Not bad if you ask me!
Vertical Ministry
I love Mondays for ONE reason: I get to go to Vertical Ministries. It is such a refreshing and encouraging way to end my not so encouraging Monday. We have been so privileged to have Jeff Johnson Band and Afshin Ziafat lead worship and minister to us every week. Seriously, we are not deserving but WOW does the Lord provide! Tonight, however, I left Vertical with 50 (not exaggerating) mosquito bites. They were out in full force tonight! And yes, I will admit that I complained (and I might still be complaining) but it is causing me to lose focus. I just had to through that in there to explain the "mosquito bites" portion of my title. The point of this section is that I left Vertical tonight feeling refreshed and ready to face the week. This week's lesson also convicted me a little bit. It made me realize that I am relying fully on Sunday church and this weekly ministry to provide me with my "Jesus Time" for the week and that is just not ok. The Lord has so much more to teach me than can be fit into a couple hours a week. So if you are reading this, hold me accountable!
Until next time,
a.n.d.


Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend! I hope you are feeling okay!
ReplyDelete