Thursday, September 30, 2010

A new reason to never want plastic surgery

I have never been a fan of plastic surgery.  I just do not understand why someone would want to alter the body that God created for them.  When picking a topic for my research paper for media programming, I immediately began to think about celebrities who have become so obsessed with their physical appearance that they would go to extremes to perfect it.  What better example than Heidi Montag.

For those of you who do not know who Heidi Montag is, she is a reality television star who is most famous for her starring role on "The Hills."  She grew up in Crested Butte, Colorado and eagerly made the move to California after her high school graduation.  Upon arriving in California, she became fast friends with then "Laguna Beach" star Lauren Conrad who had just started filming her spin off reality show "The Hills." 

Personally, I believe that Heidi Montag's obsession with beauty began when she started dating Spencer Pratt... he makes me cringe every time I see him on the show (thankfully the show ended after last season).  Together, these two were media obsessed.  They went to extreme measures to make sure that their names were on headlines.  Their spur of the moment wedding was believed by many to be one of their publicity stunts.  No wonder Heidi has already filed for legal separation.

Now back to plastic surgery.  Celebrities have always turned to surgery to improve their appearance.  From breast augmentations to liposuction to the ever so common botox procedure, celebrities will go to any measure to ensure that they are satisfied.  This even means going under the knife multiple times. 

Now DO NOT be scared of the pictures I'm about to show you.  They are just examples of plastic surgery gone wrong:


Who would want to look like that? Seriously.  Hedi Montag definitely took that risk when undergoing 10, yes 10, procedures in one day.  She received much scrutiny and publicity for her actions.  The goal of my research paper is compare how the media framed her plastic surgery with how they have framed similar cases in the past.  I am also going to look at how her PR rep. handled the bad press and what attempts they took to salvage Heidi's once wholesome image. 

Heidi Before and After


I cannot discuss this matter anymore because it really grosses me out (especially after seeing the before & after picture again).  I will let you know how my research is coming along in a later post. 

4 comments:

  1. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...
    Thermage CPT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. www.surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/michigan-breast-augmentation/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. hair transplant after photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. michigan rhinoplasty

    ReplyDelete